Dr. Michael A. Cerruti
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Michael A. Cerruti, MD
Dr. Cerruti specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopaedics
About Dr. Cerruti
Dr. Michael Cerruti is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has recently joined Northern California Orthopaedic Associates. He is a highly trained orthopaedic surgeon with over 30 years of orthopaedic experience. Dr. Michael Cerruti grew up in San Francisco, CA and attended UC Berkeley for his undergraduate degree, receiving a BA in Zoology.
Dr. Michael Cerruti completed his medical education at George Washington University, Washington D.C. where he was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He completed his General Surgery Residency and Surgical Internship at Mount Zion Hospital in San Francisco, CA and his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the San Francisco Orthopaedic Residency Training Program.
For the last 34 years Dr. Michael Cerruti has worked in private practices and Kaiser Permanente in Sacramento, CA. From 1992 – 2007 Dr. Michael Cerruti was the Orthopaedic Department Chief of Quality Assurance for Kaiser in Sacramento, CA and from 1988 – 1989 he was the Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery for Kaiser Permanente Medical Group in Stockton, CA. He treats many general orthopaedic related cases such as fractures, shoulder and knee injuries and generalized joint pain.
He has surgical privileges at Mercy General Hospital and Greater Sacramento Surgery Center in Sacramento, CA.
Dr. Michael Cerruti has four grown children and enjoys playing golf and cycling on his spare time.
- Undergraduate: University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Medical: George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Internship: Mount Zion Hospital, San Francisco, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: San Francisco Orthopaedic Residency Training Program, San Francisco, CA
- General Surgery Residency: Mount Zion Hospital, San Francisco, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- California Medical Association