Dr. Ron E. James
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Ron E. James, MD
Dr. Ron E. James is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Total Joint Replacement
- Computer Assisted Total Joint Replacement
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopaedics
About Dr. James
Dr. Ron James is co-founder of Northern California Orthopaedic Associates and is a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Total Joint Orthopedic Surgeon. He received his undergraduate education from Stanford University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Biological Science with honors in 1992. From there, he completed his doctorate degree from Stanford Medical School with honors in 1997. Dr. Ron James completed his internship and residency at University of California at Davis Medical Center in 2002. He then went on to further his training completing a fellowship in Comprehensive Joint Reconstruction from University of California at San Diego.
Dr. Ron James is highly qualified to treat all orthopedic conditions including sports medicine, trauma, and total joint reconstruction. He is one of few orthopedic surgeons in the Sacramento area that is able to perform hip arthroscopy and anterior hip replacement surgery for select patients. Dr. Ron James has assisted in the launch of the Makoplasty Robotic Joint Reconstruction program at Mercy General Hospital where he currently serves as the Chief of Orthopedic Surgery. He has a passion for returning people back to function and has wealth of knowledge when it comes to complex revisional surgery as he has performed thousands of surgeries.
Dr. Ron James currently has hospital and surgical privileges at Greater Sacramento Surgery Center, Mercy General Hospital, Mercy Hospital of Folsom, Mercy Methodist Hospital, Mercy San Juan Hospital, Roseville Surgery Center, Sutter Alhambra Surgery Center and Sutter Medical Center.
His hobbies include photography, traveling and out-door activities.
- Undergraduate: Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Medical: Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
- Internship: University of California at Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of California at Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
- Joint Reconstruction Fellowship: University of California, San Diego, CA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- California Orthopaedic Association
- National Medical Association
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.